These are some of the most commonly asked questions and answers regarding CCC weddings.
1. Do we marry non-members? Yes.
2. Do we marry non-Congregationalists? Of course!
It is expected that at least one member of the couple be a Christian, since what we offer is a Christian wedding ceremony that includes prayers, scripture readings, a brief message, and sometimes a hymn. The marriage ceremony is a sacred service filled with joy, faith and love.
3. Do we offer inter-faith ceremonies? Yes.
We enjoy working with the couple to incorporate traditions from both faiths.
4. Do we perform same-sex weddings?
Yes. We are an “Open & Affirming” Congregation.
5. Do we offer a traditional or a contemporary wedding ceremony?
We utilize the best of both. Most importantly, each couple gets to personalize their ceremony through the selection of readings, music, and the readers.
6. How many times must the couple meet with the pastor? Usually three.
These sessions include pre-marital counseling and ceremony planning.
7. How do I schedule my wedding?
Please call the church office at 978-256-5931 and ask to speak with Linn, our Office Administrator. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 1:00 pm.
8. Are there fees? Yes.
Linn or the Pastor can discuss these with you. There are modest fees for the use of the building, the pastor, the custodian, the organist, and soloist, if you choose to have one.
9. Can you perform outdoor/off-site weddings? Yes.
Our pastor is also available for off-site and/or outdoor weddings. We actually have a gorgeous spot on our church grounds, Carson Park, that hosts lovely weddings. Please call or contact the church office for more information. 978-256-5931 or email@example.com.